The nonprofits California Desert Arts Council (CDAC) and affiliate La Quinta Arts Foundation (LQAF) have established a $50,000 fund to award grants to Coachella Valley artists and arts organizations who create thoughtful, inspiring, and relevant works responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Individual working artists are eligible for a $500 grant, and nonprofit organizations with budgets up to $1 million can receive a grant of $1,500. CDAC will publish and promote selected works and tell the stories of the artists and organizations through its outreach platforms. Submissions in Visual Art and Craft, Music and Sound Art, Dance, and Written and Spoken Word are welcome.
TERMS AND INSTRUCTIONS:
- Submissions will be accepted for consideration through June 1, 2020.
- Submissions in Visual Art and Craft, Music and Sound Art, Dance, and Written and Spoken Word are welcome.
- This grant is open to Coachella Valley–based individual working artists and nonprofit arts organizations ("Applicant"). Individual working artists must be primarily engaged in exhibiting, performing, presenting, or publishing their art to support their livelihood; this grant is not open to hobbyists.
- Grant awards for selected works are: Nonprofit organization, $1,500; individual artist, $500.
- Applicant will create a new work of art specifically for the Keep Art Alive initiative.
- Applicant will submit the application from the CDAC website accompanied by the artwork in digital format (300 dpi JPG files) via e-mail — firstname.lastname@example.org — or a file sharing platform (WeTransfer and Dropbox) with the subject Keep Art Alive. Text files may be either Microsoft Word or simple text. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicant certifies that the work is created for the Keep Art Alive initiative, free of any legal encumbrance, and not subject to copyright infringement.
- Multiple submissions are welcome and may or may not be published; however, only select submissions will be awarded grants.
- Applicant agrees to complete an IRS Form W-9 prior to receipt of grant payment.
- Applicant grants CDAC, LQAF, and all affiliates rights to reproduce and publish art submission(s) and information provided in this application for the purposes of promoting the Keep Art Alive initiative and the Applicant.